What do you want to get out of your dashboard?
This is crucial information to know before building any dashboard. In this case, we were not able to go back in time, and ask Billy what type of dashboard he would like. So...we had to break our own rule and guess on this one.
The purpose in designing a data visualization is to create a deliverable that will be well received and easily understood. A well-designed dashboard is a powerful tool for any business.
Here are some helpful guidelines we follow when building any custom dashboard.
- An effective dashboard shows actionable and useful information at a glance. It simplifies the visual representation of complex data and helps everyone understand, analyze, and present key insights.
- If the data doesn't add to your story, ask yourself why you're showing it.
- Give your numbers complex
- Is this dashboard clutter-free (to the point information)
- Round numbers
- Use easy to understand labels
- Be consistent
These are just a few best practices. To get a custom dashboard get in touch with us here.